Hand Tools Only – sponsored by Rob Cosman $250 Dovetail Saw
Anything Goes – $50 Cash
What can you make with a single 2×4? This is a friendly competition to see who can make the best project from a single construction grad 2×4. In other words, who can make something from nothing.
- The 2×4 challenge is open to everyone and multiple entries are allowed.
- Use a single 8 foot – 2×4, no more than 3 1/2″ wide by 1 1/2″ deep.
- To be eligible, the entry must have been made during the 12 month period prior to the current year show date.
- There are two categories –
- Hand Tools Only – must be made entirely with hand tools
- Anything Goes – use any tools you need
- Any type of fastener, glue and finishing may be used.
- The entry may include other material for decorative purposes or for a usage (hinges, decorative knobs etc.). The additional material should be minor – not more than 5% of the piece.
- Entries will be judged by the public based on: